Analytical Pharmacology and Drug Evaluation Core
Core Leader: Martin Javors, PhD
Core Co-Leader: Marisa Lopez-Cruzan, PhD
Core Co-Leader: Brett Ginsburg, PhD
The Analytical Pharmacology Core serves investigators in the fields of aging and age-related diseases nationwide. The services and expertise we provide help investigators at all stages of their careers, from early stage to senior scientists. Using these services can provide preliminary data or cost-effective access to expertise. Core services can also be crucial to established investigators new to aging research, to overcome bottlenecks and to encourage new areas of research.
Core Services Offered:
- Developing and validating bioanalytical assays for drugs and small molecules.
- Designing and creating usable, effective dosage forms.
- Measuring and confirming concentrations and stability of drugs in dosage forms.
- Quantifying and confirming drug concentrations in blood and tissues.
- Informing investigators on the process of dosage form development.
- Recommending pharmacologic approaches, such as level/timing of doses in studies.
- Proposing and justifying pharmacokinetic experiments if needed
- Assisting in interpretation of data and preparation of papers and grants